Our 3-day courses are accredited with the British Institute of Professional Photography (BIPP: www.bipp.com). Each course is conducted by experienced photographers, doctors and make-up artists.
- 18 CPD points via the Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine (FFLM) in London (www.fflm.ac.uk)
- All equipment provided: one external flashlight and one Nikon D3400 SLR camera per student.
- Eligibility for Licentiate of BIPP, with LBIPP post-nominal.
- Maximum of 12 students per course.
- If you require a bespoke training course at a specific venue and date, or you need advice/ consultancy on establishing a medical photography service, we will be happy to discuss this: please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
NEW! We are now also offering single day courses:
Introductory Courses: if you just want an introduction to photographing patients without committing yourself to a 3-day course, this covers the basics of how to hold a Digital SLR properly, avoiding camera shake, things to consider before, during and after photography etc.
Refresher Courses: if you're familiar with photographing patients but just want an update or need to discuss any problem areas.
As with our 3-day courses, the single-days are CPD-approved, all equipment is provided, and we have our make-up artists in attendance.
Before and after pictures: a bit of cleaning can make a huge difference in appearance.
|Time||Day 1||Day 2||Day 3|
1: REGISTRATION AND INTRODUCTIONS.
2: TYPES OF CAMERA AND HOW A DIGITAL CAMERA WORKS.
3: EXPOSURE TRIANGLE: ISO, SHUTTER SPEED AND APERTURE.
4: CONSENT AND CONFIDENTIALITY.
9: RECAP OF YESTERDAY’S TEACHINGS.
10: CONSIDERATIONS DURING PHOTOGRAPHY.
11: TYPES OF INJURIES.
16: RECAP OF YESTERDAY’S TEACHINGS.
17: CONSIDERATIONS AFTER PHOTOGRAPHY.
18: STORAGE OF IMAGES.
19: SUBMISSION OF IMAGES.
20: AVOIDING ERRORS.
21: ESTABLISHING A MEDICAL PHOTOGRAPHY SERVICE
22: REVIEW OF IMAGES (1).
|10.30-10.45||Tea/Coffee break||Tea/Coffee break||Tea/Coffee break|
|10.45-12.45||5: GMC GUIDELINES.
6: COMPOSITION AND THREE PHOTO PRINCIPLE.
7: SKIN COLOURS.
8: CONSIDERATIONS BEFORE PHOTOGRAPHY.
|12: WHITE AND COLOUR BALANCE.
13: USE OF FLASH AND HISTOGRAMS.
14: USE OF TRIPOD.
15: HEALTH AND SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS.
|PRACTICAL SESSION (5): ROLE-PLAY IN FRONT OF COLLEAGUES.|
|13.30-14.30||PRACTICAL SESSION (1)||PRACTICAL SESSION (3)||WRITTEN ASSESSMENT|
|14.30-14.45||Tea/Coffee break||Tea/Coffee break||Tea/Coffee break|
|14.45-17.00||PRACTICAL SESSION (2)||PRACTICAL SESSION (4)||REVIEW OF IMAGES (2)/ FINAL DISCUSSIONS|
|17.00||END OF DAY||END OF DAY||END OF DAY|