- Data Protection Act 1998
- Consent: patients and doctors making decisions together. (2008, GMC)
- FFLM Consent Form for Photographs (2011)
- Making and using visual and audio recordings of patients (2011, GMC)
- 0-18 years: guidance for all doctors
- Intimate examinations and chaperones (2013, GMC)
- Acting as a witness in legal proceedings (2013, GMC)
- Good Medical Practice (2013, updated 2014, GMC)
- Guidance for best practice for the management of intimate images that may become evidence in court. FFLM/ ACPO/ RCPCH Publication (2014)
- NMC Code (2015)
- Confidentiality: good practice in handling patient information (2017, GMC)
- PICS (2017, FFLM)
- GDPR Guidelines from MDDUS (2017, MDDUS)
- British Institute of Professional Photography (BIPP): www.bipp.com
- Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine (FFLM): www.fflm.ac.uk
- General Medical Council (GMC): www.gmc-uk.org
- ForensiGraph: www.forensigraph.co.uk
Suggested Video Tutorials
- Mike Browne: (Short videos, in plain English!)
Loading Images onto Patient Software
NB: please ensure that your organisation has a policy in place for the correct management of patients’ images.
Left hand photographed perpendicularly.
“Angular distortion” due to incorrect technique.